NEW MADISON – The Tri-Village boys basketball team defeated Arcanum on Hall-of-Fame night by a score of 78-32 in front of a packed house.
Prior to the game the Patriots inducted two new members into the Athletic Hall-of-Fame: Perry Fraylick and Kayla Linkous.
Perry Fraylick is a 2011 graduate who earned 12 varsity letters 4 Soccer, 4 Cross Country and 4 Track and his list of accomplishments are listed below.
* Career assists
* Assists in a season
* Assists in a game
* 2nd All school leading scorer
* Miami Valley Soccer – 1st Team
* Daily Advocate – SPRING SPORTS – Athlete of the Year
* Daily Advocate – TRACK – Athlete of the Year
* 2X – CCC Conference – 1st Team (Soccer)
* 4X – CCC Conference – 1st Team (Cross Country)
* 2X – Regional Qualifier – TRACK – 4 X 800 Team relay
* 2X – Regional Qualifier – TRACK – 3200 Meters run
* 3X – Regional Qualifier – Cross Country
* 2X – CCC Conference – Cross Country – Team Champs
* Junior Olympics – Cross Country – National Qualifier
Kayla Linkous earned 11 varsity letters 4 basketball, 4 volleyball, 2 softball, 1 cheerleading and her list of accomplishments are listed below.
* Career points – 2,235
* Career rebounds – 1,183
* Career FG % – 60.9%
* Points in a game – 61
* Single season Average – 25.5 ppg
* 3rd Girl in Ohio basketball history – 2,000 pts and 1,000 REB
* AP Ohio Player of the Year
* Ohio Coaches Player of the Year
* 2X – All Ohio – 1st Team
* 2X – SW District – Player of the Year
* District 9 Coaches – Player of the Year
* Dayton Daily News – Player of the Year
* Palladium Item News – Player of the Year
* ‘09-‘10 & ‘11-‘12 Daily Advocate – Female Athlete of the Year
* 2X – CCC Conference – Player of the Year
* 4X – District 9 Coaches – 1st Team
* 4X – CCC Conference – 1st Team
* 3X – Bill Burkett Tourney MVP
* Ohio – Kentucky All-Star Game Player
* Ohio – North/South All-Star Game Player
* CCC Conference – 1st Team (Volleyball)
* SW District – Honorable Mention (Volleyball)
After the Hall-of-Fame induction the Patriots scored in transition and in the half court racing to a 1st quarter lead of 22-11 and 38-15 at the half.
Tri-Village shared the ball well with 7 guys scoring in the half. Layne Sarver had 10 points, Wilson Suggs and Josh Scantland 8 points and Justin Finkbine 5 at the half for TV.
Arcanum came in the game down two senior guards Ian Baker and Jake Goubeaux and it didn’t take long to see the effects as Tri-Village length and athleticism made it difficult for the Trojans to get into an offensive flow. TV would end the game with 18 steals.
The lone bright spot for Arcanum was the play of 6’5” junior forward Nick Sharrits who was a perfect 7-7 from the field and 6-9 from the free throw line. He scored a game high 20 points to lead all scorers.
Tri-Village Dalton Delong had a big 2nd half with 4 triples scoring 16 points in the contest.
Layne Sarver had two big slams in the game and 16 points, Josh Scantland had a two-handed dunk and 11 points and Wilson Suggs added 11 points as well.
The Patriots would have no trouble going on to win the game 78-32 to improve their record to 5-1 overall and 3-0 in the conference. They are back in action on Tuesday where they will travel to south to play in the Ironton Basketball Classic. They will play DIII Fairland (Proctorville) who is 6-1 on the year.
Arcanum falls to 3-2 overall and 1-1 in the conference. They will play Tuesday night hosting Mississinawa in a Western Ohio Athletic Conference game.