Greenville police blotter


Feb. 21, 11:30 a.m.: Police arrived to the 200 block of 12th St. to look for Deric Stuck. Stuck was located at the residence. Stuck was detained and placed in handcuffs that were finger gap checked and double locked. Stuck’s social security number was run through dispatch and it confirmed he had a bench warrant out of the Trotwood Police Department for failing to appear on a driving under suspension charge. He was transported to the Darke county Jail where he was incarcerated on a $2500 bond. Officers checked their police cruiser before and after transport and no contraband was found.

Feb. 27, 4:03 p.m.: While on patrol, officers observed who they identified as Issaiah Hudson in the parking lot of Superwash, at 125 Martin Street. Dispatch checked Hudson through dispatch and learned that he had a warrant through the Greenville Police Department for violating a court order with no bond and mandatory 36 days to serve. While attempting to place him in handcuffs, he began to pull away and walk to a vehicle before complying. Hudson was then placed into handcuffs which were gap checked and double locked. He was placed into the backseat of my cruiser and transported to the Darke County Jail where he was released to jail staff. The backseat of my cruiser was checked before and after transporting him with no contraband found.


Feb. 24, 11:08 p.m.: While on patrol, police observed who they believed to be Michael Bunger walking down the driveway of FRAM Filtration, 851 Jackson Street.
Dispatch checked Bunger and learned that Michael had an active Greenville Police Department warrant for failing to appear on the original charge of endangering children with a $225 bond. He was detained in handcuffs that were gap checked and double locked. While searching him, officers located two plastic bags containing unknown crystal like substances in his pants pocket. The unknown substances were seized and will be sent to the BCI lab for analysis. Bunger was then transported the Darke County Jail where he was released to staff.


Feb. 27, 5:25 a.m.: Police were dispatched to the Village Green, at 1315 Kitchenaid Way in to reference a subject not breathing. Upon arrival, officers were directed by the staff to the subject’s room. Once at the room, officers observed that paramedics were already rendering aid to a female subject. Soon after, paramedics advised that the female was deceased. Officers spoke with employee Melba Shoenleben, who advised that she had found the deceased. Shoenleben advised she had last seen the deceased at approximately 4 a.m. and that she didn’t notice any issues at that time. Shoenleben stated that she found the deceased at approximately 5:15 a.m. not breathing and started CPR while staff called 911. It was found that the deceased was at the Village Green for rehab after a recent surgery. Shoenleben advised that the deceased complained of stomach pain from the surgery earlier in the night which she was given her pain medication that she was prescribed. Greenville Rescue and police contacted Darke County Chief Coroner Joe VanVickle who advised that he would not be responding due to the circumstances. The deceased was released to the Village Green staff per VanVickle to be cared for and transported per their policy. VanVickle also advised that him and Village Green staff will contact family.


Feb. 27, 3:33 p.m.: Police were dispatched to the Greenville Police Department in regards to a found Park National VISA bank card turned into the Greenville Police Department. The card had a partial name that returned to Harvey Miller. Officers contacted Mr. Miller to inform him that his bank card was turned into the department. Mr. Miller arrived at the department around 3:50 p.m. to retrieve the card. The card was returned to Mr. Miller.


Feb. 28, 3:50 p.m.: Upon arrival, police spoke with Chad Jones who said that at around 2 p.m. he attempted to start the listed 2012 Ford Van which was parked in the parking lot of the business. When he started it, he stated it was a lot louder than normal. Jones stated he checked underneath the van and saw that the catalytic converter was missing. Jones stated that the last time the van was driven was Tuesday morning. Dickman Electric does have a security camera on the south side of the business, but it does not face where the van was parked. He was given a victim right’s form. No suspects at this time.

Previous Lady Patriots Win District Advances to Regionals

Get Daily Updates

[mc4wp_form id="228"]
The Darke County Now Logo with White Font

News, Media and Information for Darke County, Ohio.

News, Media, and Information for Darke County, Ohio.

Service Request

Useful Links

More Info