Walk to End Alzheimer’s Darke County
Alzheimer’s disease is a growing public health crisis in Ohio. The impact of Alzheimer’s is projected to rise, and the most recent data show:
• 220,000 people aged 65 and older are living with Alzheimer’s in Ohio.
• 11.6% of people aged 45 and older have subjective cognitive decline.
• 421,000 family caregivers bear the burden of the disease in Ohio.
• 614 million hours of unpaid care provided by Alzheimer’s caregivers.
• $10 billion is the value of the unpaid care.
• $2.5 billion is the cost of Alzheimer’s to the state Medicaid program.
These numbers show that a public health approach is necessary to lessen the burden and enhance the quality of life for those living with cognitive impairment and their families.
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s Darke County will be held at Greenville City Park on Saturday September 10, 2022. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the walk starts at 10 a.m.
If you have an event should be listed, please let us know.